BLOG: Craig Weiss On What Makes a NextGen LMS
Last week our own LMS, SkillsServe, was ranked top LMS for the financial services sector in Craig Weiss' 'LMS Mid Year 2014 Rankings Report', which reviewed over 600 platforms and ranked according to capabilities, features, design, support and service, and future thinking. In Part 2 of his NextGen LMS Conference blog, Unicorn's Stuart Jones discusses Craig's talk on the future of the LMS. Craig Weiss is the eLearning and LMS guru who has reviewed many learning management systems over the years and has a very high success-rate at predicting future trends. There are now over 600 learning management systems available in the market, with at least one new system a week popping up. Craig looked at what it means to be a next generation learning management system in his expert opinion. The key things he is looking for include:
- Very modern user interface
- They go the extra mile
- Robust feature set with a sprinkling of the unique
- Adaptable and early adopters
- “They get it”
- Fun content
- Multiple ways of consuming content.
- Different options available - including face to face, online for same topic
- Experiences, how did someone handle a scenario?
- Learning Mastery
- Social learning