Introducing our brand new eLearning course ‘The essentials of GDPR’
We're pleased to announce the release of our new eLearning course 'The essentials of GDPR', which will help firms prepare for the introduction of this important regulation coming into force May 25th 2018. The new course builds upon content covered in our existing course, 'How to comply with the Data Protection Act'.
The essentials of GDPR is aimed at employees in the financial services industry, who handle or process customer data and will enable learners to:
- define the principles of the GDPR and any exemptions that apply
- recognise the lawful conditions that can be used to justify processing data
- explain an individual's rights under the GDPR
- explain what a data breach is and what to do in the event of one
The course comprises of seven bite-size learning activities organised into a learning pathway:
- Introduction (video)
- Principles & exemptions
- Principles in practice (scenarios)
- Lawful processing & consent
- Individuals’ rights
- A summary of the key points (PDF)
The essentials of GDPR has been added to the Fundamentals catalogue within Unicorn’s Governance, Risk and Compliance eLearning library from today, and will provide learners with up to 95 minutes of CPD.