Key trends from Learning Technologies 2014
Several of the Unicorn team were at the Learning Technology Event 2014 at Olympia in January. Here are some extracts from the notes of Unicorn Senior Relationship Manager Sarah Nutley. Looking objectively I sensed that some companies were more focused on their latest product initiatives rather than focusing on customer demands. Overall feedback from providers was that their customers or potential customers were looking at three key trends:
- Incorporating the use of video, OTS, bespoke and self-made
- Easy to create content – either completely bespoke or ability to tailor existing content
- Offering flexibility in how learning is accessed (mobile, online and offline)
- Is the design tailored for the device? How it looks – basic images vs interactive images and actual visual appeal being important. Also is the content designed for the device?
- Is the content suitable? Can it be easily accessed, is it easy to understand, is it only the content that needs to be seen by the user (possibly in chunks) or microlearning?