MiFID II - how we are supporting firms
MiFID II is an extensive new piece of regulation which comes into force on January 3rd 2018 which will significantly affect firms involved in the provision of investment services. In response, we're pleased to announce plans for a new eLearning course, An Overview of MiFID II, which aims to simplify the complexity and provide learners with a high-level overview of the impact which the new regulation will have on firms.
The new course is aimed at firms who provide investment services i.e. investment managers, trading venues, data reporting providers, asset managers and wealth managers – and specifically those employees providing advice or information.
As well as providing insight into the key areas listed below, it will signpost learners to Unicorn’s existing eLearning modules which are impacted by MiFID II such as Transaction Reporting, COBS and CASS, which will be updated accordingly.
On completion of the course learners will be able to:
- Describe the objectives of MiFID II
- Define the aims of MiFID II for corporate governance
- Identify the requirements of MiFID II under conduct of business
- Describe the changes to client categorisation and CASS
- Explain the MiFID II complaint handling requirement
- Describe the changes that the FCA will be making to the Training & Competence Sourcebook
The course will be structured as a learning pathway containing the following activities:
- What is MiFID II? A short video setting out the origins of the directive, its aims and the areas of regulation impacted
- Corporate governance
- Conduct of business
- Client categorisation and client assets
- Complaint handling
- Employee knowledge and competence requirements
- A multiple-choice assessment to demonstrate understanding
- A summary of the key points for learning reinforcement
The new course is planned for release during November 2017 and will be added to the Specialist / Management Responsibilities catalogue within Unicorn’s Governance, Risk and Compliance eLearning library. It will provide learners with up to 60 minutes of CPD.